I really love the taste of freshly made almond milk. Here is the most basic recipe to make your own at home. It’s cheaper than buying it in a box, and you are guaranteed freshness and premium quality of nutrients. Although it does take some thinking ahead for the soaking process. But once that is done, the whole process takes less than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup raw organic almonds, soaked overnight
- 3 cups water
- blend together in a high speed blender
- over a bowl, pour mixture through a nut milk bag (a colander lined with cheese cloth will work fine)
- extract all the liquid by massaging the bag or squeezing the cloth
- you will be left with delicious almond milk in the bowl and almond pulp in the bag or cloth
This will give you about 3 cups of milk. The milk will stay good for a couple days in the fridge. You can add dates or cacao powder or anything you like to the milk to make it a delicious treat. The pulp can be dehydrated to become almond flour, or used to make some tasty raw deserts or spreads.