Ever since starting to make my own granola at home I have been having so much fun creating new recipes and trying out different flavor combinations! I love how much money I am saving and how healthy it is for me and my family! Not to mention that I decide what goes in it, so really I can have it any way i want 🙂
Here is a recipe I created a few months ago but had forgotten about it until recently. Happy to be able to share it with you.
- 3 cups sprouted buckwheat
- 1 cup soaked sunflower seeds
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 TBS cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- Mix first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl
- whisk together the honey and coconut oil until well combined
- pour in the bowl and mix well. Make sure to really take your time in mixing everything together. If you don’t, you will end up with some really sweet clusters and others not that sweet. Which really isn’t that big of a deal. I just like a uniform texture and flavor with this granola.
- spread on a dehydrator sheet and set it at 105*F for about 12 hours. Check it to see if it is crispy enough before putting it in well sealed containers. Will stay good for weeks!
Serve with your favorite milk or just have it ready to go in a little bag for a quick easy snack! Enjoy!