Yes, I made that up. I find it fun 🙂 It’s a raw Alfredo Sauce. Because I love creamy delicious sauces but my health cannot afford to indulge in them often, I have created my own. It tastes amazing on zucchini pasta, as a dip or pretty much anything you would normally use a creamy alfredo sauce on. I love coming up with recipes like this because as a french woman, butter and cream are part of my heritage. I do not want to give them up. Nor do I want to give up feeling amazing. So I can eat this kind of sauce anytime I want, and feel like I am staying true to my roots, and indulge in the real stuff on occasion.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews (dry measure), soaked at least 4 hours
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic ( I would have added more if the kids weren’t eating it)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS nutritional yeast
- 1 TBS fresh parsley (optional)
- Put everything in the blender and blend on high.
- Adjust water according to desired consistency. This one came out pretty thick, which I really like.
Pingback: Zucchini Pasta with Alfredo sauce | Pamplemousse