There are two reasons for this recipe: 1-I had leftover quinoa and I usually try and create something new with leftover grains instead of serving them as is to my family; 2-My daughter started school a couple weeks ago and so it’s time I get my packed-lunch-creative-juices flowing again. So with that comes the quinoa egg muffin. The egg to flour ratio makes it that these muffins are not super dense and doughy nor are they too “egg-y” or omelette like. I find them to be a nice balance of the two 🙂 Super tasty, wholesome and easily packable to provide a nutritious lunch for my 1st grader 🙂
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour (I used spelt)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Cook first 4 ingredients in skillet for about 2 to 4 minutes
- Mix all other ingredients in a large bowl
- Add mushroom mixture and combine
- Pour in lined muffin tins ( you don’t have to line them but my daughter likes the cupcake like packaging and it makes for easier tin clean up)
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Makes about 12 muffins, enough for a few lunches and the rest of the family!
I’m adding some garlic salt instead of garlic cloves, hope it’s fine, as I don’t wanna use garlic here directly…
Thats totally fine! I personally love the flavor of sautéed garlic but garlic salt is great too! I hope you like them!
Love the savory idea! These look wonderful!