I bought my first seasonal butternut squash at the market this past week. I am excited for this season and all the fun recipes I will be creating! I chose to bring in this Fall season with a delicious shake. It’s kinda like pumpkin pie in a cup, but really cold.
After making it I envisioned so many alternatives to making this, the possibilities are endless!! So glad the season is just starting 😉
I wish I would’ve taken a better picture, but I had 3 little children tugging on me as I was photographing their dessert. Their patience was running thin and I decided to stop the torture and give them their treat. I will probably be making this again, and will hopefully get a better picture.
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash/ 200 grammes de butternut
- 1 tray on coconut ice cubes (my trays make 16 ice cubes)– For this I planned a few hours ahead and froze coconut milk in an ice cube tray, the good kind coconut milk, with the cream and all./ 16 glacons de lait de noix de coco ( j’utilise du lait de coco soit fait frais ou en cannette ou carton, et je congele au joins 4 heures)
- 4 medjool dates/ 4 dates medjool
- 1 large frozen banana, sliced/ 1 banana gelee, coupee
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk/ 1/3 de litre de lait d’amande (Ou un peu plus selon la texture desiree)
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice/ 2 cuillieres a caffe d’epices d’autumn melangees (canelle, noix de muscade, clous de girofle)
- put everything in a blender and blast it on high until desired consistency/ mettez tout dans un blender et faites tourner a fond
- I topped this with a few chopped pieces of dates and crushed pecans/ j’ai ajoutee des morceaux de noid de pecans et de dates pour decorer
- this made enough for 2 adults and 2 children/ ca a fait assez pour 2 adults et 2 enfants