I always have raw crackers laying around, therefor, I try to have some sort of dip laying around as well. Dips and crackers are such a nice, satisfying quick snack. (It actually ended up being my dinner my dinner tonight since I couldn’t stop eating it as I was letting it cool before putting in to containers.) I made this dip several weeks ago and really liked it, so I made it again tonight and wrote down the ingredients this time so I could share it with you.
I love eating as a dip with crackers and raw vegetables, but I could see it being tasty as a spread in a sandwich or with rice.
- 1 large eggplant, cut into small pieces
- 1 red onion cut in quarters
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 TBS cumin
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp of salt
- dash of cayenne (or more for extra spice)
- preheat oven to 350 F
- put first 4 ingredients in a pan and roast covered for about 45 minutes or until the eggplants is nice and soft
- put everything in a food processor and pulse to combine well
- I left some pieces for texture. You can make this as smooth or chunky as you like.