I am loving the fall and all the new flavors that comes with it. Sticking with my butternut and pumping spice theme I made a raw granola. I love how soothing and comforting this granola is, I would suggest eating it with warm milk to really bring out all the flavors. Although it tastes great with a quick splash of cold milk as well 🙂
The sweetness level is very low here, so I would suggest adding more syrup if you prefer to have a sweeter breakfast. I like it this way since I often feel like adding sliced bananas to my granola and that creates the perfect amount of sweet for me.
- 3 cups sprouted buckwheat
- 1 cup oats
- 2 apples cored
- 1 TBS fresh ginger
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 medjool dates ( I use medjool because they are big and juicy and soft and sweet, everything perfect for making raw treats)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup soaked pumpkin seeds (at least 4 hours)
- in a food processor put apples, maple syrup, ginger, spices, vanilla and dates.
- once well combined, add squash and blend until week incorporated
- in a large bowl add this mixture to the oats, buckwheat cranberries and pumpkin seeds
- put on reflex sheet in dehydrator at 115 F for at east 12-14 hours.
- serve with almond milk or milk of choice
- store in a jar for weeks!