Thin. Crispy. Savory. Delicious. Like so many of my creations, this one “happened” because I had some soaked flax seeds left over after creating other recipes and just wanted to get something in the dehydrator in order to not have to either waste these flax seeds or have to come back to making something the next day. Unplanned recipes are sometimes some of my best.
I intentionally made these super thin, which makes them ideal to snack on by themselves or with a a thin layer of toppings.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups soaked flax seeds (1 cup dry)
- 2 cups water
- 1 TBS salt
- 1/2 cup black sesame seeds
- put everything but sesame seeds in blender and blend on high until everything is well incorporated and flax seeds have been broken
- pour in a large bowl
- add sesame seeds and combine
- spread a thin layer on a dehydrator sheet
- dehydrate at 105 F for about 8 hours
- flip on to the mesh screen
- dry another 6 hours or until completely dry and crispy
- store in an airtight container for weeks!