After having a high raw diet for the past several months, I am slowly transitioning to more cooked foods. A really nice way to do that is to mix some sweet fall vegetables into my salads. I had leftover acorn squash so I went off of that. This salad was beautiful, nutritious, and delicious. I loved the combination of the tangy cranberries, with the sweet tangerine and earthy kale. The addition of the dip came as I was plating it and am very happy to have added the protein to this salad. It made it a complete meal.
- 3 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1/4 of a cooked acorn squash cut into slices
- 1 tangerine, sliced
- 2 TBS dried cranberries
- 2 TBS toasted pumkin seeds (raw seeds are great too, I just happened to have just made some that worked perfect for this salad)
- a dollop of protein, anything you have on hand. Here I used white bean dip. But hummus could work great too.
- gently massage your kale with olive oil and salt to wilt it a little bit
- put it on a plate and add all the other ingredients on top
- drizzle a little bit of lemon juice and more oil if you like
Great salad base to build around.
Thanks! What else would you add to it?
Yumm!! Sounds great!
It was! And filling!