After having a high raw diet for the past several months, I am slowly transitioning to more cooked foods. A really nice way to do that is to mix some sweet fall vegetables into my salads. I had leftover acorn squash so I went off of that. This salad was beautiful, nutritious, and delicious. I loved the combination of the tangy cranberries, with the sweet tangerine and earthy kale. The addition of the dip came as I was plating it and am very happy to have added the protein to this salad. It made it a complete meal.
- 3 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1/4 of a cooked acorn squash cut into slices
- 1 tangerine, sliced
- 2 TBS dried cranberries
- 2 TBS toasted pumkin seeds (raw seeds are great too, I just happened to have just made some that worked perfect for this salad)
- a dollop of protein, anything you have on hand. Here I used white bean dip. But hummus could work great too.
- gently massage your kale with olive oil and salt to wilt it a little bit
- put it on a plate and add all the other ingredients on top
- drizzle a little bit of lemon juice and more oil if you like