Last night I was craving chocolate. As a chocoholic, that’s most nights for me 🙂 And as a true chocoholic I wanted my fix quickly. This pudding is SO quick if you have all the ingredients on hand. Which I did 🙂 It takes less than 8 minutes to make. Whaaa?!?!
What I love about this other than the rapidity of it, is that it completely changes consistency after letting it sit in the fridge for a couple hours(if it makes it that long). I get smooth silky pudding right off the bat, and then something more fudgey like….. It becomes thick and rich and just so yummy.
Oh and yes, in true Pamplemousse style, it is under my standards of healthy.
- 1 1/2 cups grain sweetened chocolate chips (no refined sugars) but if all you got is regular chocolate chips, it’ll work just as beautifully
- 14 oz organic silken tofu
- 3 TBS maple syrup
- dash of salt
- 2 TBS coconut oil (totally optional, I just have a tendency to add coconut oil to a lot of my food)
- 1tsp cinnamon (again, optional but my daughter LOVES cinnamon, so it goes in a lot of things as well)
- In a double boiler melt the chocolate with the maple syrup
- once all is melted turn off heat, add the coconut oil and mix until melted
- in a food processor blend the tofu with the cinnamon and salt
- add melted chocolate
- blend until well combined
- you got yourself a treat!!!
Eat immediately for a pudding, or put in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for something more dense. I sometimes use this to top muffins with an extra special treat 🙂