This is such a beautiful winter salad. All the flavors combine so beautifully together, that you barely need any dressing.
My good friend Samara made a version of this for me last week and it was so delicious I wanted to re-create it. Although I think it tasted better at her house, I am happy to be able to eat this at home as well. She had added some yam to the salad, which I think was a tasty choice, I just didn’t feel like eating yams this time around.
Winter salads are so comforting and make me so happy. Although I love this season with all the soups and stews, I really still love eating a nice salad.
- 1 packed cup of chopped kale
- 1 packed cup of spinach
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 hard fuyu persimmon, sliced
- 2 large leeks, sliced and washed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 TBS olive oil+ extra to drizzle on salad
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- in a skillet, heat the oil and sautee the leeks
- in the meantime, put the kale in a bowl and gently massage it with a tiny bit of olive oil and a dash of salt, this will wilt the kale and make it softer to eat.
- add all the ingredients to a bowl and tops with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar
So lovely to meet you through VVP! Thank you for contributing a delicious salad to the VVP! Wintery salads are perfect for the upcoming Xmas dinner, love the addition of persimmons!
★ ＨＡＰＰＹ ＶＶＰ ★
HI! I was unaware that this recipe made it to the VVP? I know what it is I just didn’t know my recipe are it there. How did that happen?
This is genius!