You wouldn’t believe this is vegan and flour free. It’s creamy and thick. I’ve been making vegan cream sauces for years now, and I often use flour to add thickness to them. Not this time! I am so happy to have successfully made this soup.
I kept the spices to a minimum as I was creating this for the first time and wanted to see how the kids would like it before getting too crazy with the flavors. I will be making this again for sure, as my daughter definitely enjoyed it. And I will be playing with the spices more.
- 1 small potato
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower
- 3 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk (I used coconut)
- chop and steam the potato and cauliflower
- in the meantime, heat olive oil in a skillet, add chopped garlic until the aroma starts to come out
- add the mushrooms and salt and sautee until mushrooms are fully cooked
- once the cauliflower and potatoes are done, put them in a blender with the milk, salt and 1/2 the cooked mushrooms
- blend until nice and creamy
- pour in a pot and add remaining mushrooms
- serve warm