Need I say more? Fudgey, chocolatey goodness. Yet again. These little disks are rich and creamy and make me so happy.
Being a chocoholic is slightly dangerous. I never run out of ideas on things to create, and I have a much too willing husband to motivate me in creating more. He loves chocolate almost as much as I do. I say almost because if he craves chocolate and there isn’t any around, he forgets about it. If I crave chocolate and there isn’t any around, well I make it.
I used mini muffin tins here, because, why not? But you could use anything you have on hand. I recently made a batch of chocolate in my ice cube trays. You do not need fancy little chocolate molds, although they are cute looking.
- 3/4 cup shaved raw cacao butter (I used a sharp knife and thinly shaved the cacao)
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter
- 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw agave
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dried fruit (I mixed goji berries, mulberries and dates)
- in a double boiler (Or a glass bowl over some steaming water) melt the cacao butter
- once melted turn off the heat and add the coconut butter and mix until melted and creamy looking
- transfer everything but the fruit to your blender and blend until well combined
- pour in a bowl and fold in the dried fruit
- lightly grease your mold with coconut oil
- pour mixture into your molds and put in the fridge to set at least 30 minutes or freezer to speed up the process
- store in the fridge.
- I have no idea how long they will last, i’ve never been able to let one sit long enough to find out….