I love breakfast. I love drinking tea. I love drinking green juices. I love smoothies. I can last all morning on a fresh juice or green smoothie, but some days I want to sit and enjoy a nice meal. And I really love putting intention in a nice wholesome meal for my breakfast. I am sweet breakfast kinda girl. Although I do love eating savory from time to time, my go to is usually sweet. Chia seed porridge is my most frequent go to. Although I have changed it quite a few times since that first post and will be continuously changing it as that is how life goes.
This breakfast bowl is so delicious and nutritious. Even the boys loved eating!! It resembles oatmeal in texture, but is packed with so much more goodness!!!
I use buckwheat frequently at home, mostly for raw granolas, but also for raw breads, patees and other savory dishes. I always sprout it first to maximize the nutrients I can get from this superfood. But you don’t need to do that if you don’t feel like it. Just make sure you soak it at least 8 hours and rinse it REALLY well before eating it.
- 2 dates
- 1 TBS almond butter
- 6 TBS almond milk
- 1/2 an apple
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat (or buckwheat soaked for 8 hours)
- 2 TBS shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp dried cherries (or raisins, or cranberries)
- put first 4 ingredients in food processor and blend until well combined
- add the buckwheat and coconut and pulse a few times until desired consistency
- top with remaining ingredients
- chow down and feel happy!!