One of my favorite ice cream flavors is mint chocolate chip. It’s been that way for decades. Although I am very adventurous and will try and eat plenty of flavors, when in doubt, I fall back on mint chocolate.
I have had plenty of versions of this kind of shake, and it’s way overdue that I share one of them with you. If you are looking for a delicious and guilt free treat, this is it! The kids and I whipped this up under 10 minutes for our afternoon snack. I took advantage of the fact that I told the kids we were having a very special treat to sneak in some greens. They were so excited to be having a “milk” shake for snack they didn’t think twice about spinach that was in there!
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup almond milk or any other milk
- 2 soft medjool dates
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract (optional but it adds a little flavor boost)
- 1/8 cup cacao nibs
- 4 small frozen bananas
- put all ingredients except bananas and nibs in a blender and blend until the greens are well broken down
- add the bananas and nibs and blend until a thick creamy texture is formed
- serve and enjoy immediately!
Mu husband came home right as we were about to eat these, and I wish I had made more. This made a humble snack for the 5 of us.