I like to use chocolate in a lot of things. And although I do buy dark chocolate chips, sometimes grain sweetened chocolate chips, for baking, I prefer to use my own if I have some. I try to keep some of my home made stuff handy for ice creams, raw desserts, granola bars, smoothies, etc… I like doing this, not only because it is cheaper, but also because it is refined sugar free and I can choose how dark or fruity or nutty, i want the chocolate to be. Here is a very simple recipe that I tweak every now and then depending on what I am going for.
- 3 oz or 85 gr of raw cacao butter
- 2 1/2 oz or 70 gr of raw cacao powder
- 2 1/2 TBS agave nectar
- In a double boiler melt the cacao butter
- turn off the heat and add the cacao powder and agave and whisk well
- pour in a shallow dish with some parchment paper and set in the freezer for about20-30 minutes
- pull out and cut into desired pieces
- store in a container in the fridge until ready to use
- easy right?!
So easy!! I love this!
Pingback: Vegan Cherry Ice Cream with Pistachio Chocolate Chunks | Pamplemousse
Pingback: Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies | Pamplemousse
Pingback: Banana Birthday Cake | Pamplemousse
Pingback: Pistachio Cherry Chocolate Crunch Grawnola | Pamplemousse
Pingback: Strawberry and Fig Compote | Pamplemousse