I wasn’t always an ice cream lover. There was actually a time in my life where I just didn’t eat ice cream. Weird, I know. Thank goodness those days are over. And now that I have my own ice cream maker, I get to have fun creating all kinds of flavors!!
Here is one that I made a while ago and just never got around to sharing with you.
You do not need an ice ream maker to make this. It’s just more convenient and faster with one.
- 1 cup dairy free milk (I used almond)
- 1 cup cashews soaked in warm water for at least 30 minutes
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 1 banana
- 2 TBS lucuma powder
- 3 TBS honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chunks. I added 1oz or 20 g of pistachios to the chocolate before freezing it for this recipe.
- put everything but chocolate in the blender and blend until smooth
- if using an ice cream maker, follow those directions, adding chocolate towards the end
- then either freeze in ice cube trays and run them through a champion juicer with the blank attachment, fold in chocolate before serving, or put them in the blender with a little bit of milk to get it going, add chocolate before serving
- or in a shallow dish that you will then have to take out at least 30 minutes before eating to let if get somewhat soft. Add chocolate before freezing
- Top with pistachios and extra chocolate chunks