Crunchy, fresh, lightly sweet and flavorful. This salad was such a refreshing late afternoon snack after spending the day in the sun gardening.
If you do not own a spiralizer, I urge you to get one! They are so easy to use and turn your everyday vegetables into fun culinary experiences. Chopping up cucumbers to make this salad, would absolutely work, but I have to say that eating it with chopsticks because of the noodle like consistency, added to my enjoyment and therefor my appreciation for what I was eating.
- 1 large cucumber
- 2TBS fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 TBS fresh basil, chopped
- 1 handful snap peas
- 1 tsp orange zest(optional)
- basil leaves for garnish
- either spiralize your cucumber or shred it using a vegetable peeler
- put it in a plate and toss it with all other ingredients
- enjoy and feel refreshingly nourished!