We scored a huge box of grapefruits recently. While my middle child and I LOVE grapefruits (hence the name of this blog 🙂 ), there are just a little too many of them. I am finding ways to use them up before they go bad and one of the ways is to make loads of juice 🙂 I’ve also juiced a bunch and made ice cubes so that I can have those ready to make this smoothie, (which is my latest beverage crush), when grapefruits aren’t around.
As you may know, grapefruits are pretty bitter if you eat the pith. Which is what happens when you juice them. My son and I don’t mind it, the other 2 kids aren’t fans. So this juice is a special juice just for the two of us 🙂
While this isn’t really a recipe, I am sharing it with you because it was such a fun juicing project with my almost 3 year old boy and the colors are too pretty to not share 🙂
- 1 watermelon, cubed
- 3 large pink grapefruit, peeled
- blend everything on high until completely broken down
- using a nut milk bag, pour the contents of the blender in to the bag over a large bowl, and let your kids massage the bag in order to separate the juice from the fibers. We did this in 3 times in order to not overfill the bag.
- make sure you hold the top of the bag tightly or juice will come spilling all over!
- throw away the contents of the bag, unless you like eating super uber bitter fruit pulp
- drink up your juice as is, or get creative with it by adding sparkling water, or making a smoothie with it.
- we did all those things and then some 🙂
The flowers are from a recent hike we did. Spring is blooming and it’s beautiful!!!