Deliciously nutty, slightly tangy, mildly sweet, these rawcoroons are the perfect dessert, mid day snack or even quick breakfast treat. It had been a while since I made rawcoroons. For some time there I was making them almost as soon as a batch ran out. It was one of my favorite treats to bring to parties, camping, potlucks, etc…. as they travel so well and are generally such a hit. In all honesty, I am surprised that this is only my 3rd rawcorron post. I have created so many flavors over the years! If you are interested in seeing my other two posts, I made a cacao one, and a lemon cashew one. Noticing that this is just my 3rd post, you can expect to be seeing me pulling out some old recipes and photographing them so I can share them with you here!
- 2 cups shredded raw coconut, quickly pulsed in the blender to break them down a bit
- 2 cups ground raw almonds, ground in the blender to create almost a flour like quality but not so fine
- 1/2 cup freeze dried raspberry powder, ground in the blender
- 2 TBS lucuma powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 TBS coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- mix everything in a large bowl until very well combined. I like to mix all dry ingredients first then add the wet ones.
- scoop in ball shape and put on a dehydrator tray, on the mesh screen
- dehydrate at 105*F for about 10 hours or until crispy on the outside and slightly moist on the inside
- will save for at least a week on the shelf, even longer in the fridge