Thick, creamy, silky, rich and unctuous, this little pudding got our tastebuds dancing!! I made this for our in house date night treat. When we feel like it’s been too long since we’ve gone on a date, we satisfy our need for connection with a little in house intentional time. It always includes a home made treat 🙂
It’s persimmon central at my house. I just can’t seem to ever buy enough at the farmers market, and just like bananas, when they start becoming too ripe to eat as is, there are so many fun recipes to create with them!!
This pudding was so easy and quick to make. A few ingredients, a blast of the blender and some spoonfuls later you are on your way to gastronomy heaven. And then, to really bring this dessert over the top, I added a square of some divinely tasty and healing chocolate. A Purified Life makes beautiful artisanal chocolates infused with healing and medicinal mushrooms. If you need an extra reason to eat chocolate other than the fact that it’s amazing, has numerous health benefits and lots of nutrients (antioxidants, calcium, magnesium, to name a few), eat A Purified Life’s chocolates, because she brings it over the top with her masterfully blended ingredients in order to provide us with the most satisfying cacao experience while healing our bodies at the same time.
While you wait for your chocolate order to ship, you should still whip up this pudding, add your own chocolate or eat it without.
- 2 very ripe persimmons (hachiya or fuyu)
- 1/2 cup coconut water (or nut milk)
- 2 medjool dates (optional but oh so delicious!)
- 2 frozen bananas (not frozen is fine but I really love the texture that frozen bananas give)
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (the thick stuff in the can; or if you are up for it and have it on hand, replace that with fresh young coconut meat)
- put first 4 ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth
- add coconut cream and keep blending until smooth
- pour in a glass or bowl, top it with fresh persimmon and chocolate if you like
- give a kiss to who ever you sharing this with and enjoy!!
Persimmon is not something I’ve really tried but this looks too good to not eat! I’ll have to give it a go. Thank you!
Do it! Your tastebuds will thank you!!!
How perfectly lovely that you made such a special effort to have time together. And this dessert looks heavenly. I am going to have to get to know Persimmons better!
We do what we can with 3 little ones 😉 and it took me a while to get to know persimmons and now I LOVE them! They are my favorite fall fruit 😊