Luscious, creamy, rich and delicious, this cake was my birthday present to myself. I have somewhat taken on the raw dessert queen role in my community and I take great pleasure in creating cakes and raw treats for friends birthdays. The time and money it can take to create one of these desserts is a true labor of love. And because I have taken on that role, I rarely get treated by someone else making me one of these desserts. So for my birthday, I made my own cake, because I prefer raw vegan desserts, and because I love myself 🙂
I do not make these desserts too often anymore but when I do I put all my heart into them and this one reflected that in it’s beautiful flavor combinations.
Don’t let the extensive list of ingredients scare you off, this cheesecake is worth every single bite!!
Sorry for the poor photograph. This cheesecake came out of the fridge right before serving to a bunch of friends and I didn’t take that time to take a better picture of the whole cake.
Ingredients: Makes one 10 inch cake
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup oats
- 6-8 TBS raw cacao powder
- 1 cup pitted soft dates (medjool are my favorites for this)
- pinch of salt
- 2 TBS water
- put all ingredients but water in food processor and blend until well combined but still loose, not formed into a sticky ball
- while the food processor is running, scant some water until it starts to get a tiny bit sticky. You might not need both TBS. If you used very sticky dates you might not need to do this.
- press this mixture at the bottom of springform pan that you have lined with wax paper. This will make taking out the cake at the end much easier.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 4 hours or 30 minutes on hot water
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used cashew milk because I had made some, but any other non dairy milk will work)
- 2 cups frozen cherries
- 2 TBS beet powder (optional, I used this to deepen the color)
- 3/4 cup raw agave or any other liquid sweetener
- 1 TBS lucuma (optional, I just really like the flavor)
- 1 cup coconut cream (the thick stuff from the can or if you can, get fresh young coconut meat!)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 TBS soy lecithin
- put all ingredients except coconut cream, coconut oil and lecithin in a blender and blend on high until very creamy
- add the rest and keep blending until well incorporated but do not over blend at this point
- pour in the pan over the crust
- put in the freezer for one hour to set then transfer to fridge until ready to eat, about 4 hours. Because I had made it the night before, I put it back in the freezer for 45 minutes before serving. OR make a sauce for the swirls before putting int he freezer.
If you want to add beautiful swirls like I did her is my chocolate sauce recipe. You need to pour this on the cheesecake before putting it in the freezer:
- 1/2 cup shaved raw cacao butter
- 1 TBS raw coconut butter
- 2 TBS coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- dash of salt
- 1 TBS agave
- put everything in a double boiler and melt
- pour in a easy pouring cup
- drizzle it over the cake and then take a toothpick or knife to create the designs
- now put it in the freezer for one hour to set then transfer to the fridge.
Decorate as you wish and share the love!!!