I just really love chai flavors. It’s probably one of the reasons why Indian cuisine is one of my favorites. And you know what I love more than chai? Chocolate!!!! Combining the two was really a no brainer. So here you are friends, my latest chocolate creation, just in time for Valentines Day. Because if you love yourself or someone else, you surely want whats best, and what is better than home made refined sugar free chocolate? I rarely turn down chocolate, even the higher quality store bought one with sugar in it, but if given the choice, I will always go for a home made nutritionally beneficial option.
These little chocolates are so easy to make. I used silicone cupcake molds, but you could use actual chocolate molds, or even an ice cube tray. Just don’t fill that one up to the top unless you want a really thick chocolate!
If chai isn’t your thing, you can always play around with the flavors! Creativity is welcome here 🙂
- 100 g. of cacao butter
- 1/8 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp orange zest
- dash of himalayan sea salt
- 2 TBS agave
- 2-3 TSBP thinly chopped candied ginger (optional, for a pure refined sugar free option) I have made these chocolates with freshly grated ginger and that was tasty also!
- put all ingredients except ginger in a double boiler, or a bowl over a hot pot of water
- whisk together until all melted and well combined
- pour in molds, add a few pieces of ginger per mold, and freeze until hard
- depending on size of molds they can be done in a little as 30 minutes!!!
- keep in fridge or freezer until ready to eat
For some of my other Valentines Inspired recipes click here:
Raspberry Ice Cream:
Pistachio Delight and Nutella Divine: