Mmmm mmmm. That was a tasty dinner!!! I truly love spaghetti, and I definitely do not want to be eating the real stuff often. Eating it this way satisfies my craving for pasta. Here I had zucchini pasta with my newly created Rawlfredo Sauce 🙂 Because I wanted to keep the whole dish raw, I dehydrated onions and mushrooms to top it off with. I could have easily sautéed them but as I said, I really wanted to keep the dish raw, and these tasted amazing. (Sorry for my lack of photography skills, this photo definitely does’t make this dish justice.)
Ingredients for mushroom topping:
- 1 large portobello mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 cup buttons, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 TBS dried mixed herbs
- Put everything in a bowl and gently rub to mix all the seasonings in well with the vegetables
- put on a dehydrator sheet
- dehydrate for about 4 hours.
- Make zucchini pasta , mix in the rawlfredo sauce and top it with the mushroom and onion mixture.
It was my first time making a raw mushroom mixture like this, and it came out perfect. I love it and I will definitely do it again.
I love granola. It is so versatile and delicious. Allas the store bought kind is either way too sugary or way overpriced. That’s why I started making my own at home a couple years back. I have a dehydrator, therefore I always choose to make my granola raw and have only experimented with cooked granola a couple times. I prefer the raw version as it is densely packed with high quality nutrients and makes me feel light and alive while still full and nourished. Here is my latest creation. I hope you enjoy it!
- 2 C sprouted buckwheat
- 11/2 C small oats
- 1 C shredded coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 C cacao powder
- 1/2 C soaked sunflower seeds
- 1/4 C melted coconut oil
- 1/2 C maple syrup (or any sweetener of your choice)
- after soaking the buckwheat overnight, drain it and put in a bowl (if you have time to leave it to sprout for a few days, it will bring up the nutritional value a great deal!)
- add the oats and cacao powder and mix well
- then add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly
- spread on a teflex dehydrator sheet and set at 105*F for about 12 hours or until desired consistency (I like mine crispy, plus the less moisture left in the granola, the longer it will save).
- serve with your favorite milk and enjoy!