A classic twist on a pizza but oh so delicious that I had to share!!
4 large portobello mushrooms
1/2 cup olive oil
2 TBS herbs
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 TBS thinly chopped fresh basil
2 TBS thinly chopped spinach
grated cheese (as much as makes you happy)
- Turn on oven at 400
- Take the stems off the mushrooms and save
- Mix herbs and oil together, drizzle evenly all over inside of mushrooms (I planned ahead and marinated the mushrooms like this for several hours)
- Bake in a covered dish for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency of mushrooms
During that time…..
- chop onions and cook in a skillet with a little bit of oil until tender, about 3 minutes
- Add minced garlic and cook another minute or so
- Add thinly chopped mushroom stems and a pinch of salt
- Cook until mushrooms are tender
- Once mushrooms are done in the oven, pull them out and top them off with the onion mixture.
- Add tomato sauce
- Add equal amounts of spinach and basil
- Top with cheese
- Put back in the over for a few minutes to melt cheese
- Serve with anything you like! (We had ours with quinoa and some home made pesto and fresh tomatoes)