Smooth, Rich, Creamy, Decadent. Simple and delicious. This “hot coco” recipe hits the sweet spot for me. I was definitely delighted to have made it 🙂 The banana adds a nice thickness to this beverage, but could easily be left out for something more light.
We got our holiday tree today, and after we got done decorating it, I realized we needed a special treat to ring in the festive atmosphere that comes with tree decorating and december in general. Chocolate is so often my go to 😉
It was also snack time so I decided to make it extra decadent and rich in order to enhance flavors as well as nutrition content.
The kids loved it. It always makes me so happy to be able to satisfy their childlike appreciation for sweets while maintaining my own nutritional integrity.
- 3 cups milk (I used almond)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 soft dates( I used Medjool)
- 2 TBS cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBS coconut cream, or coconut oil (optional but I had some cream leftover that needed to be used and I am SO happy I added it last minute as it created a really luxurious beverage)
- put everything in blender and blend on high for at least 1 minute
- by blending it for this long the milk will get warm without it cooking and it will get frothy (I love that word, that word alone makes me want to drink chocolate milk)
- sprinkle it with cinnamon, or in my case cayenne pepper
- serve and enjoy!
This made (barely) enough for 2 adults and 2 kids.