I love the fall for all the cooking/food making inspiration!!! It’s my favorite season when it comes to kitchen time 🙂 My very first seasonal recipe was this Salted Caramel Chai tea infused concoction I made. The kids and I have been devouring that one with sliced apples, soooo tasty!!!
And now I am looking forward to all the pumpkin and squash recipes I will be coming up with and getting inspired by!! This was another semi-accident. It was late and I needed to get dinner ready fast. I had this leftover baked pumpkin and it only took a few moments for me to realize that the fastest way to eat that (other than straight out of the skin with a fork), was to throw it in the blender with a few other ingredients to create a soup. No wait! I’ll make it a sauce so we can have it over pasta 🙂 And there it was, minutes later, our tasty family dinner.
I topped my bowl off with some homemade spicy seeds.
- 1/4 cup fresh raw pumpkin seeds, not dried or cooked (I just keep the seeds after taking them out of the raw pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cooked pumpkin or squash
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (from a can, organic toxic free if possible)
- 1/4 tsp real salt
- 2 TBS fresh parsley minced
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- if you dont have left over squash, then bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes
- put first 3 ingredients in blender and blend on high until nice and smooth
- add other ingredients and blend until the herbs are nicely incorporated but not fully blended
- serve how ever you like!
- we did it over zucchini pasta for a light yet satisfying dinner
Check out my other zucchini pasta recipes here: