This is the easiest peach jelly to make. For real. And it has zero refined sugars in it.
My kids love jelly. I do to, but the store bought kind just has too much white sugar in it to make a staple in our house. Although we have found a Trader Joe’s brand that I don’t mind buying every now and then, I still prefer to make it myself, like pretty much anything else I eat 😉
I used frozen peaches here, which I like better than the fresh kind because of the texture. Also, it’s not peach season anymore, so I cannot get the fresh kind at the market. These peaches I froze over the summer so I could satisfy my peach cravings even when the season is over 🙂
This is so easy you can substitute peaches for any fruit that tickles your fancy! Again, since this a raw jelly, I would recommend using frozen fruit. Once thawed they are super soft, just like cooked fruit, which makes their texture work better for this kind of preparation.
- 1 cup thawed peaches
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 TBS psyllium husk, that I ground finely in the coffee grinder
- 2 TBS sweetener (I used coconut sugar).
- Put in blender and blend until desired consistency.
- Let sit for at least 30 minutes before eating. I made mine last night so we could have it for breakfast.
- Store in a jar in the fridge for up to a week.
YUM! What kind of cracker did you put it on? They look delicious too.
I put it on a butternut cracker, of course 😉
Pingback: Bread and Butter (Raw,vegan,delicious) | Pamplemousse